Trade Wars 2002
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory?

+2
Cruncher
Shadow
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory? Empty Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory?

Post by CBYNot Sun May 15, 2016 2:24 pm

[quote=GoZippy]I was a SYSOP for a long time (as a kid)... Grew up with TRS-80 and geek dad then started my own BBS. Eventually grew to 12 lines in the Wichita, Ks area.

I was just surfing around for some fun strategy games and for some reason TW popped up - I just had to investigate. I closed everything down when I joined the military on my 18th in 1997. I lost track of almost all my BBS friends... Man - this game really influenced a lot of games and still seems to have a following.

I'm interested in hosting again - but wanting to improve some of the graphics and game play a little - has there been any adaptations over the decades to make a more modern TW version?

Sure - the classic is pretty cool to be able to say it's still there and going - just curious as I would be willing to devote some time...

-GoZippy[/quote]

Cruncher wrote:Welcome back! If you want to dip your toe back in, we have a Big Game coming up June 3. Draft game so you don't need to bring a team. Practice game is running on Micro's server now.

twgs.microblaster.net:2002

Stellar advice as always Cruncher. Invite a returning player from 19 years ago to jump directly from one-line HVS or MBBS TW2002 into a modern TWGS v1.03 or v2clusterf game with no training, no preparation, knowing no one, at the mercy of everyone, and having no modern skills, programs, or knowledge of the basic commands of TW2002 probably, since it's been so long.

Into a large tournament, no less.

I hope that works out for you. It certainly will if your goal is to make GoZippy dependant on you, and thus create another helpless baby seal who can't play and thus is impressed with your abilities.

Last edited by CBYNot on Mon May 16, 2016 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory? Empty Re: Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory?

Post by Cruncher Sun May 15, 2016 5:35 pm

What's the matter CBY? Too focused on winning than helping the returning players learn the ropes? I guess so, you refused to take on MadSkillz, and now GoZippy is proving to be too much for you to help back into the game.

SK just helped a returning player load TWXProxy and Mombot for the first time. Today I just showed another what it's like to be botted by a Team SDT script.

Baby steps, answer their questions and only ask them to do what they are comfortable doing. That's how you bring more players into the game. Keep them safe, help them to have fun, and give them a practice game to screw-up on. We all make mistakes, that's how we learn. Even seasoned players need to knock the rust off every now and again.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory? Empty Re: Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory?

Post by CBYNot Sun May 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Cruncher wrote:What's the matter CBY? Too focused on winning than helping the returning players learn the ropes? I guess so, you refused to take on MadSkillz, and now GoZippy is proving to be too much for you to help back into the game.

SK just helped a returning player load TWXProxy and Mombot for the first time. Today I just showed another what it's like to be botted by a Team SDT script.

Baby steps, answer their questions and only ask them to do what they are comfortable doing. That's how you bring more players into the game. Keep them safe, help them to have fun, and give them a practice game to screw-up on. We all make mistakes, that's how we learn. Even seasoned players need to knock the rust off every now and again.

I trained both Willow and Merlin and have helped them install and reinstall and debug numerous times. Willow is essentially ready to take over as CEO - can any of your recruits say the same?

I have also provided many scripts written by me to all the members of EMC - without worrying whether they are permanent members or not. I am also writing a script library to include all existant TW scripts which will form the core interface for a modernized game.

What do you want, a cookie? Your man SK helped a returning player... did you have anything to do with it? Oh, I see.. no, you didn't mention anything about *you doing anything. Because you never do. You let the menfolk handle it. How progressive.

Don't give me advice on training. I might catch something.

For the record, as I have stated before, my offer to train MadSkillz stands; in any game except The Big Game.

I could not in good conscience, as team captain, draft him or trade for him, because I had to consider the good of the team and choose the best possible existing players, rather than relying on hope and prayer that someone (even a completely new player, effectively, after 19 years), will be trainable and ready for a major tournament in two weeks.

You may let your team down like that. I however, refuse to do so.

And....?
GoZippy is proving to be too much for you to help back into the game.

Are you on some kind of medication I should know about? I clearly explained this in the original post. I was looking forward to hearing back from him so we could *begin discussing things. I haven't even begun training him. You seem to have snatched him up for your baby seal farm. Have fun wrecking the potential of yet another man... something I'm sure you are quite good at.

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Post by CBYNot Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm

You know what.. nevermind. I've decided to end this pointless catfighting before it turns into a blood feud.

You are clearly either senile, or on some kind of medication that makes it impossible for you to listen to reason, or form logical thoughts yourself. I apologize, I did not know, and I certainly don't want to argue with a mentally handicapped individual.

See below.

Re: SCREW YA ALL!
Post by Cruncher on Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 pm
Cruncher wrote:I know Willow and her husband are two people living and playing in the same house. Now take MadSkillz and give us Farley! Weren't you the one who was offering to teach MadSkillz to live up to his name?

Re: SCREW YA ALL!

Post by CBYNot on Sat May 07, 2016 8:33 pm
CBYNot wrote: I'll give you guys Farley for Hammer, as already offered to your captain.

As for MadSkillz my offer to train him stands, but not in a tournament where my responsibility is to assemble the best possible *existing talent.

Re: Lost Another One to the Baby Seal Factory?
Post by Cruncher Today at 9:35 pm
Cruncher wrote:What's the matter CBY? Too focused on winning than helping the returning players learn the ropes? I guess so, you refused to take on MadSkillz,

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Sun May 15, 2016 10:41 pm

CBYNot wrote:You know what.. nevermind. I've decided to end this pointless catfighting before it turns into a blood feud.

... I certainly don't want to argue with a mentally handicapped individual.

Stop playing with Farley then.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun May 15, 2016 10:52 pm

Cruncher wrote:What's the matter CBY?  Too focused on winning than helping the returning players learn the ropes?  I guess so, you refused to take on MadSkillz, and now GoZippy is proving to be too much for you to help back into the game.

SK just helped a returning player load TWXProxy and Mombot for the first time.  Today I just showed another what it's like to be botted by a Team SDT script.

Baby steps, answer their questions and only ask them to do what they are comfortable doing.  That's how you bring more players into the game.  Keep them safe, help them to have fun, and give them a practice game to screw-up on.  We all make mistakes, that's how we learn.  Even seasoned players need to knock the rust off every now and again.

I find it hilarious that in one post you basically beg CBY to give you Farley, and three posts later you call Farley "mentally handicapped". So you are desperate to bring a mentally handicapped player over to your team?

If I were him and I was traded to your team, I'd tell you to fuck off and drop out of the tournament.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Sun May 15, 2016 11:34 pm

Cruncher wrote:Stop playing with Farley then.  

Completely outside of the fact that your statement makes no sense, I am happy to know that I have reduced you to name calling. I mean, if you had something of relevance, you would offer it. Its nice to see that this childish behavior is the best you have. It means that you realize I am right, and you are slime.

good to know.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Mon May 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Shadow wrote:
Cruncher wrote:What's the matter CBY?  Too focused on winning than helping the returning players learn the ropes?  I guess so, you refused to take on MadSkillz, and now GoZippy is proving to be too much for you to help back into the game.

SK just helped a returning player load TWXProxy and Mombot for the first time.  Today I just showed another what it's like to be botted by a Team SDT script.

Baby steps, answer their questions and only ask them to do what they are comfortable doing.  That's how you bring more players into the game.  Keep them safe, help them to have fun, and give them a practice game to screw-up on.  We all make mistakes, that's how we learn.  Even seasoned players need to knock the rust off every now and again.

I find it hilarious that in one post you basically beg CBY to give you Farley, and three posts later you call Farley "mentally handicapped".  So you are desperate to bring a mentally handicapped player over to your team?

If I were him and I was traded to your team, I'd tell you to fuck off and drop out of the tournament.

SK wanted to play with Farley this game. Don't matter to me one way or the other. Farley was a good bot for us once.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon May 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Cruncher wrote:
Shadow wrote:

I find it hilarious that in one post you basically beg CBY to give you Farley, and three posts later you call Farley "mentally handicapped".  So you are desperate to bring a mentally handicapped player over to your team?

SK wanted to play with Farley this game.  Don't matter to me one way or the other.  Farley was a good bot for us once.

Well there's certainly nobody who knows better what makes a good bot.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Wed May 18, 2016 10:51 pm

Shadow wrote:
Well there's certainly nobody who knows better what makes a good bot.

Little Mr. Echo... you've really got to get some original material. Yawn..
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Cruncher wrote:Little Mr. Echo... you've really got to get some original material.  Yawn..
You are a hypocrite, a liar, and a bot. That sums you up in its entirety.

If you want us to have new material, try to grow a bit.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Thu May 19, 2016 8:16 am

Farley wrote:
Cruncher wrote:Little Mr. Echo... you've really got to get some original material.  Yawn..
You are a hypocrite, a liar, and a bot.  That sums you up in its entirety.

If you want us to have new material, try to grow a bit.  

Grow? When I returned I was playing manually with only my own Zoc macros. Today I've got the full arsenal of modern TW tools, and a script writer on my team. Which way would you like me to grow now? I can grow wider but not taller. LOL
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 am

Cruncher wrote:Grow?  When I returned I was playing manually with only my own Zoc macros.  Today I've got the full arsenal of modern TW tools, and a script writer on my team.

Yes yes yes, we already have pointed out one of your only 3 character points. you are a liar, we get that. Please dont find it necessary to waste bandwidth and keystrokes reiterating something that is common knowledge.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Thu May 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Farley wrote:
Cruncher wrote:Grow?  When I returned I was playing manually with only my own Zoc macros.  Today I've got the full arsenal of modern TW tools, and a script writer on my team.

Yes yes yes, we already  have pointed out one of your only 3 character points.  you are a liar,  we get that.  Please dont find it necessary to waste bandwidth and keystrokes reiterating something that is common knowledge.  

Tell me, where is the lie in that statement?
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Adept_One Sun May 22, 2016 5:54 am

I certainly do not wish to get caught up in the insanity of this forum; however, I would like to proffer a bit of resolution to the instant debate.

“You would not be ‘caught’”, is not to be taken literally, it is an idiom, meaning that you would never do it because to do so would be too embarrassing or pathetic, for example.  Which begs the question, not only why did you play there, but more curiously why are you still going at it?  For example, I loathe both Walmart and Costco, so I do not shop there; I avoid both like the plaque.  Regardless, I certainly do not shop there only to then squabble about it to others afterwards.  I recently read that Shadow has opened his own server, so how’s about ya’ll meeting there from now on so that you can kill off your own dupes without having to worry about any noobies crying over any spilt milk?  Surely now that sounds like hours upon hours of fun-o!

As team captain I am ecstatic with our picks and without regret.  Noting that originally I really wanted (after you took my next-in-line pick, which just so happened to be SK) Willow and Merlin, so getting SK in exchange of Willow was cherry.  However, I was against the request to make a trade for Farley as I thought the amount of animosity it would bring onto our team to be ill-advised, additionally, I felt the value of keeping Skillz to be underestimated.  This time around the decision was mine to make, not Cruncher’s.  So stop harping on her about it, she was only acting as a messenger in this instance, albeit potentially supportive of input provided by someone else.

Cruncher did not ruin TW, she gave her valid input to JP—who is the sole programmer—he implemented a variation of those ideas into his own vision.  And guess what, they exist as individual settings that can be increased or decreased, enabled or disabled by each individual TWGS’ editor—aside from a minimal latency that is experienced equally by all—so if you don’t like that game play request the GameOp to make the necessary changes—or better still go to one of the three remaining v1 servers (being that v1 is supposedly still so popular and all of that.)  It is akin to your achieved Internet speeds, e.g., if you are unhappy with them either upgrade your package or find another ISP.  Period.

CBYNot you harp on Cruncher for breeding “baby seals” and yet you associate yourself with individuals who take outlandish pride in stalking and killing off those very “baby seals.”  (So much so that they violate truce conditions on a regular basis in order to do so and then lie about it.  ...Or seem to favor abandoning games or mass-CBYing in games that call for any degree of challenge above merely using red cashing and triggered twarp/cit-killer scripts)  Hmmm… Stellar advice indeed.

Progressivism is not about letting the menfolk take care of things, it is about obtaining social equality amongst both gender and ethnicity—its myriad of dubious theories on "social justice" aside.

As to what Cruncher may or may not be doing in game, I am not at will to give away the specific details of our strategy, so I may only state she has been one of the most dedicated members of our corp.  She is great at coordinating, providing detailed insight as to the nuances involved, and in both implementing and carrying out our training regimens.  Neither has she been condescending.  As a further example, she worked in depth with Hammer in the recent DM challenge between her and Shadow that afforded them to greatly capitalize on the chosen edit—which earned them a total win within a mere 30-minutes of game start (noting that while Hammer wrote the scripts, a bit of that was based upon suggestions that Cruncher had derived from the edit, in conjunction with a few aspects that Hammer so happened to already be prepared for.)  I would like to say more, but doing so would expose too much and thus disappoint the teachings of Sun Tzu.

Adept_One

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Sun May 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Inept,

You, not unlike crunch'o'crite, prove your ineptitude every time you wast our lives with your babbling keystrokes.  

Mrs o'crite, did most definitely, destroy the game known as Trade Wars.  There are only 3 servers running it now.  This new kinder and gentler 'crunch hugs' with settings that, not only create new and unrepeatable bugs with each variation of the convoluted 'feature' list, but things like IG lock delay, Pdrop delay, foton delay. etc.....   remove the 'war' aspect from the game.  As I have said before, people that dont like Trade Wars should go to pogo and play checkers.  Leave our game alone.

You weren't even around for all this.  Its funny how someone who has no direct knowledge of the events that transpired will just blindly follow crunchers word and believe what ever they are told.  Contrary to what you posted in general, I think Ill go with closet liberal and offer you a pat on your precious little head with the comment "good little robot"

Speaking of clubbing baby seals, I see you dont come out to play any more?  Did we scare you off?  To afraid to get your ass handed to you again and again and again?

And, you cant even dream of getting me on your team, so dont even bother with a consideration. I would have stepped out of the tourney had any trade for me occurred.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 pm

Hey, more importantly, if you log out and view these forums then my name comes up as ebay adverts. Anyone purchased a Hammer recently?

Ok, I thought that was more interesting than the tennis match debate you guys continue Smile

I do like having some to read mind you... so please continue!

Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by CBYNot Sun May 22, 2016 11:21 pm

hammer wrote:Hey, more importantly, if you log out and view these forums then my name comes up as ebay adverts. Anyone purchased a Hammer recently?

Ok, I thought that was more interesting than the tennis match debate you guys continue Smile

I got bored with the bickering too, so when I saw Cruncher agree to be paid by Farley to retire from the game, I decided to do an end run around this whole tiresome infighting and just buy her out:

https://tw2002.forumotion.com/t6-and-while-i-am-on-this-topic#173

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Post by Adept_One Mon May 23, 2016 7:32 am

1. No, there are three servers running v1 now; there are many servers running v2, many are through BBS’, several others are straight TWGS connections.

2.  A SysOp is within their rights to run the games they are hosting as they see fit, they may cater to any mixture of player base they desire, including to only classic manual style players.  Ergo, if that is not your thing it is rather simple: GO FIND ANOTHER SERVER, PERIOD.

3.  The settings are completely adjustable, I know I have played around with them a bit myself.  And they do not remove the “war” aspect from the game, they aid in creating balance to a largely automated game—and I emphasize they are completely adjustable, that is to mean they can be set to so as to not affect game play one way or the other.

4.  Your single-mindedness deludes you, although the name of the game is “TradeWars” its gameplay is conceived of varying competing strategies that go beyond a mere literal interpretation of the word “war”, there is building, trading, stealing, etc., as a few examples.  The game is not simply about getting 500K fighters, deploying mines around a grid and then waiting for a trip to warp in and kill off the passing player.

5.  Well I would counter argue that it is galactically moronic to presume you know so much about somebody you clearly know nothing about.  And it really doesn’t matter what Cruncher posts, the reality of the matter provides the logic, JP controls and releases TW2002 updates not Cruncher, she, and others are perfectly within their rights to make suggestions to JP or whomever else.

6. Your (meaning you and your cohorts) arguments appear very bipolar to me; you one the one hand argue that TW2002 is an ever evolving game, while on the other bemoan configurable aspects of its evolution that you unjustly posture have “destroyed” the game.

7. Oh yes, I cannot fool you for your sharp as Tic-Tac! You are totally right, I am as liberal as a shark is coy.

8.  Scare me off?  You are seriously asking me if I am scared to play a computer game?   Wow… Am I to be surprised or confounded at this point?  But nope, I am not in the mood to play with known cheaters.  Really, there is no point in expending my personal effort in setting up for a game, when you and your buddies MO is to attack during the established truce period and steal away all of my effort.  As they say fool me once, can’t get, can’t get, fooled again—err...something.

9.  Awww, really?  Yes, such a dream, I would actually refer to as a nightmare.  However, as I had earlier stated (I suppose you were asleep at the helm again?) I DIDN’T WANT YOU ON OUR TEAM.  So, this must be one of those classic WIN-WIN situations.  Yeh!

Last edited by Adept_One on Mon May 23, 2016 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Adept_One

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Mon May 23, 2016 8:36 am

hammer wrote:Hey, more importantly, if you log out and view these forums then my name comes up as ebay adverts. Anyone purchased a Hammer recently?

Adblock Plus stops all those annoying "Hammer" ads. Smile
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Thats what I said, 3 servers running Trade Wars... Now I understand part of the problem.. English is not one of your stronger suits. Got it... 2nd language?

Speaking of j hitler p's rights.... yes, he has the right to follow crunch'o'crites stupid advice and destroy the community. He, if fact, did just that. The Ford motor company has the right to remove all the fuel tanks for every production model car, and replace them with a half gallon capacity, but it wouldn't be a wise move. No one would buy them, and it would run off their loyal customer base. Hmmm, guess what happened to Trade Wars when it was replaced with crunch hugs...laff. Were lucky to have 12 players in Big game, this year... pathetic.

dont waste your time lecturing me about something that you know nothing of. As I pointed out earlier, you werent here. All you are going on, in typical lib style, is the bs that you decide to believe being force fed to you by more idiots like yourself.

Its not hard to pick people like you out. You fly the flag of ignorance, and try to cover it with fancy verbiage that you probably dont even comprehend.

The rock you crawled from under probably misses your company. At least you will be able to match wits there. I would suggest returning.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 pm

OMG how dense can you be? The on'y place you can club baby seals without restriction is on the v1 servers, and there are ONLY 3 of those left.

Seems to me the majority of "Today's" players enjoy v2 servers. Hum.. I wonder why? Seems someone needs to review the baby Einstein videos.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Tue May 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Let's see. We have 12 active players now. We had about 50 before v1. The VAST majority of those that left was because of crunch hugs, and openly stated the same.

This is a concept that even inept can comprehend, at least if he loosens up the tinfoil hat long enough to let reality sunk in.

You, o'crite, wouldn't grasp anything related to truth if it smacked you in your fat ass. Honesty and integrity are concepts far beyond your comprehension.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Tue May 24, 2016 11:35 pm

When you did you "start" playing Farley? We lost thousands of players after TWXProxy was unleashed in the late 1990's early 2000.

We had 50 players in a casual 5k sector game over hundreds of servers around the globe.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Cruncher wrote:We had 50 players in a casual 5k sector game over hundreds of servers around the globe.

and then you ran most of them off with hugs. do you want a f'ing medal?

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next