Trade Wars 2002
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And while I am on this topic...

4 posters

Go down

And while I am on this topic... Empty And while I am on this topic...

Post by Shadow Fri May 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Pretty soon Vid's server is going to be the same as Cruncher's fucked up Pleasantville safe space bullshit. In recent months, he has implemented various measures to prevent core tactics used by players who actually learned on a real server.

He has modified multiple edits, effectively ruining them by changing how they are supposed to work. No more Alien Starships in Star Trek, because oh no, someone might use them to kill people (Warbirds are better anyway); no product on planets; slowing planet development; etc. Now he's turned off the ability to log in to multiple games at once and is further trying to prevent any effective cashing or offensive play.

As Farley has noted, Cruncher is going out of her way to ruin this game, first by getting JP to put in pussy settings and now by infecting both sysops and players with her particular brand of bullshit. I had a sysop say to me that he needed to ban certain players or behavior because other players were complaining. Who were the players? A couple of noobs from Cruncher's server. It's like a fucking virus. They get out in the real world and think their fake bullshit is actual reality and expect to be spoon fed and cared for.

I would blame millenials since they certainly fit this mold, with their fucking liberal virus "safe spaces", "free everything" and $50 minimum wage horseshit, but we all know the average age of a Tradewars player is like 65, so that can't be it.

Who wants to join me in funding a campaign to find Cruncher a new hobby? Maybe we can get it going on Kickstarter. The only catch is, she never logs in to Tradewars again.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

And while I am on this topic... Empty Re: And while I am on this topic...

Post by Cruncher Sat May 07, 2016 12:08 am

Interesting way to fund my retirement. Smile
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Wed May 18, 2016 12:14 am

Cruncher wrote:Interesting way to fund my retirement.  Smile

Hell, if you would actually go, I would pay!

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Wed May 18, 2016 10:50 pm

How deep are your pockets? Wink
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

And while I am on this topic... Empty hmm

Post by Shadow Thu May 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Apparently, Cruncher's efforts to "change my behavior" are not working.  Maybe if she had actually accepted a one-on-one challenge, instead of hiding behind other (good) players, I would take her seriously.

I see..... dead people!

And before you respond, I joined many hours after the dead people did, and after all the colos were gone.  (less than 10k left)

Trade Wars 2002 Trader Rankings : 05/20/44 04:35:56 AM

#       Rank  Alignment Corp        Trader Name                Ship Type
--- --------------------- -- ------------------------------ ------------------
 1    24,093 -1,401,170   1 Shadow                         Ascian Boat of Humil
ity
 2    13,513     14,538  ** Tanarus                        # Ship Destroyed #
 3       198         21  ** effects                        # Ship Destroyed #
 4         0          0  ** Hammer                         # Ship Destroyed #

Computer command [TL=03]:[15166] (?=Help)?

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Thu May 19, 2016 10:32 pm

That's not on my server.
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Farley Fri May 20, 2016 12:46 am

Cruncher wrote:That's not on my server.  

wouldent really call it a server. playing on your .... what ever we should call it, is more like playing checkers with a retarded kid. snooze fest.

Farley

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Fri May 20, 2016 1:10 am

That's because your server is a piece of shit. And you've crippled all the games.

So, alas, I must torture other people's noobs.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Fri May 20, 2016 7:45 am

Shadow wrote:

That's because your server is a piece of shit.  And you've crippled all the games.

So, alas, I must torture other people's noobs.

Excellent! Have fun!
Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by CBYNot Sun May 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Cruncher wrote:How deep are your pockets?  Wink

Heck, if my space agency MSS succeeds, and we get our first ship built, I'll pay you to leave the game.
twitter.com/MarsSettlers

Seriously.

You're that much of an anchor on the evolution of the game. Live in the past, fine. Do you. But when you throw up a server to essentially draw in returning players and stagnate them, and then go and beg the game creator to cripple the game...

There's a reason nobody wants you around. You're a cat. You hate change. TW is a game for dog people. It's been constantly evolving for over 25 years, but you want to stop that constant change.

By doing so, you risk turning TW2002 into yet another BBS game that few even remember. So yes, it is not hyperbole to say you are killing TW2002. If you have your way, its popularity will go away the last little bit and it'll be a memory.

I will be happy to pay you to retire from TW.

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruncher Sun May 22, 2016 10:50 pm

CBYNot wrote:
Cruncher wrote:How deep are your pockets?  Wink

Heck, if my space agency MSS succeeds, and we get our first ship built, I'll pay you to leave the game.
twitter.com/MarsSettlers

Seriously.

You're that much of an anchor on the evolution of the game. Live in the past, fine. Do you. But when you throw up a server to essentially draw in returning players and stagnate them, and then go and beg the game creator to cripple the game...

There's a reason nobody wants you around. You're a cat. You hate change. TW is a game for dog people. It's been constantly evolving for over 25 years, but you want to stop that constant change.

By doing so, you risk turning TW2002 into yet another BBS game that few even remember. So yes, it is not hyperbole to say you are killing TW2002. If you have your way, its popularity will go away the last little bit and it'll be a memory.

I will be happy to pay you to retire from TW.

FYI, the only "delay" setting I asked for was the planet delay, JP came up with the rest of them based on input from other's as well. Most players who share my passion for keeping a semblance of the classic game alive don't bother to post in forums.

Cruncher
Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post by CBYNot Sun May 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Cruncher wrote:FYI, the only "delay" setting I asked for was the planet delay, JP came up with the rest of them based on input from other's as well.  Most players who share my passion for keeping a semblance of the classic game alive don't bother to post in forums.
It may have been a group effort, but you lead the charge. Take some responsibility for being a leader.

Some semblance of the classic, sure. We all want that. But, TW has become a game that inspires people to learn programming - right or wrong. It is part of its tradition now, going back to the late 90's and TWARS, and even earlier to some extent, with Telix macros, Reverend's ZOC macros... need I go on?

Programming and TW have gone hand in hand through most of their history. It has helped many people with their careers and living their dreams. It would be sad if we abandoned that tradition of change, of having to adapt and learn, in favor of stagnation.

You and the ones you lead oppose scripts, and change. This will not abide.

And ultimately, it would lead to the game's demise.

Name your price.

CBYNot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum